Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: QOS Setup problelm

JohnnyWB
Tutor

QOS Setup problelm

I have certainly has my share of problems with hi-tech gear with this thing being no different and this has caused me to once again look to this community for some answers.  I am having an issue with assigning or setting up the QOS Feature on this unit.  It seems to have a mind of it's own, since the last patch and It is sure getting aggravting to deal with.  Everytime I go into "routerlogin.net" and set up the system, the way I like, and exit back out, it erases my setting and reverts back to it's former basic setting, in this catagory only.  Simply put, it reverts to default settings each time and I have to go back in and re-set it all to what I want.

Is there any way to stop this and fix this problem, permanently?

I await your suggestions and/or answers.  Thanks

Johnny

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi JohnnyWB,

Try other web browser. If same with other browser, reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 17

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

You have to save(apply) your settings before logging out.

Message 2 of 17
JohnnyWB
Tutor

Yes, I am aware of it and do so but, it does not save them and I have to start all over each time.

Message 3 of 17
VE6CGX
Master

Did you try after logging in with ip address, 192.168.1.1? 

Message 4 of 17
JohnnyWB
Tutor

I will give that IP Address a try, later today, when I get off work.  Thanks

Message 5 of 17
JohnnyWB
Tutor

That is not the correct IP Address and can't be located.

Message 6 of 17
VE6CGX
Master

That is default address for Netgear router with user name/ppassword as admin/password. Are you running two routers?

Or have you changed the router address? If not, run command ipconfig /release, then ipconfig /renew,  and ipconfig /all

after last command you'll see gateway address and ip address for the router, etc..

Message 7 of 17
JohnnyWB
Tutor

No, I am not running 2 wifi routers.  I have the DSL Modem, that I have had for years and the Nighthawk wifi is all.  I attempted to copy and paste or save and attach the whole thing but it will not allow me to.  It shows the correct IP address but will not allow me to go there that way.  I simply have to log in via "routerlogin.net"

Message 8 of 17
VE6CGX
Master

Did you enter the ip address in lieu of routerlogin.net?

Message 9 of 17
JohnnyWB
Tutor

Yes and it will not allow me to access that page.  I still have to go through "routerlogin.net" to gain access to this page so I can make adjustments.  I am baffled by this, not sure what is going on.

Message 10 of 17
VE6CGX
Master

If you are willing get rid of Genie(uninstall) reset the router and see. Insisting on using QoS, prepare to spend hours experimenting.

Message 11 of 17
JohnnyWB
Tutor

I had actually gotten rid of the Genie App but, re-installed it recently.  Looks as though that may have been a mistake.

Message 12 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi JohnnyWB,

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. What web browser did you use to configure the QoS System? Have you tried other web browser?

3. If the issue happens after you have updated the firmware, you may try to reset the router and manually reconfigure.

Message 13 of 17
JohnnyWB
Tutor

The firmware version is V1.01.6 and I am using windows edge to access it, in windows 10 home

Message 14 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi JohnnyWB,

Try other web browser. If same with other browser, reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure.

Message 15 of 17
VE6CGX
Master

When you try other browsers, make sure you clear the browser cache first.

Message 16 of 17
JohnnyWB
Tutor

10-4, thanks all.  I will try it.

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements