Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question About R7000 LED Lights

Jay-163
Aspirant

Question About R7000 LED Lights

Question about this quote from the manual: "When the router is turned on, the LED's light for about 10 seconds and then turn off. If all the LEDs stay on, this indicates a fault within the router" My router LED lights do not turn off. Are they supposed to? I found out how to manually turn them off using Genie. Is NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 defective?
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
rpoffen
Virtuoso

Re: Question About R7000 LED Lights

I think the manual just means that initially they all turn on, then off for a few seconds. LED's will come on based on what services are available.

The power LED should stay on. The LAN port LED's come on if a device is connected (amber for 100M, white for 1000M), The WiFi LED's are on if the radios are enabled. The WAN or internet LED comes on if there is a successful connection to the internet. Some of these you can turn off via the GUI, but it is handy to have them on so you know the status.

Sounds like your router is operating normally.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
rpoffen
Virtuoso

I think the manual just means that initially they all turn on, then off for a few seconds. LED's will come on based on what services are available.

The power LED should stay on. The LAN port LED's come on if a device is connected (amber for 100M, white for 1000M), The WiFi LED's are on if the radios are enabled. The WAN or internet LED comes on if there is a successful connection to the internet. Some of these you can turn off via the GUI, but it is handy to have them on so you know the status.

Sounds like your router is operating normally.

Message 2 of 3
Jay-163
Aspirant

@rpoffen wrote:
"The LAN port LED's come on if a device is connected

Sounds like your router is operating normally."

Thanks @rpoffen for your help. I think I misunderstood what the manual was stating. If no device is connected to the router then the 4 LED lights will shut off.

"Sounds like your router is operating normally"

Thank God because I really didn't want the hassle of returning back to Amazon.

Thanks Again

Jay163

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7