Question regarding Netgear Nighthawk Modem/Router combo with Spectrum service

linsChaho
Follower

Question regarding Netgear Nighthawk Modem/Router combo with Spectrum service

Hello all!

First post and I'm quite perplexed about a situation that has happened to me.

I recently bought a house and had to frantically set up internet so that I might still be able to work from home rather than going into the office. However, my Nighthawk AC1750 WiFi Modem/Router (C6300v2) cannot have it's firmware changed/updated to the Spectrum approved firmware version (current firmware V1.03.04) V1.02.09 through NetGear OR Spectrum. The technician from Spectrum specified that I would have to contact Netgear to update my firmware since they don't own the modem/router, and Netgear support said that Spectrum would have to update the firmware.

Will this cause issues with my internet connectivity while I am working from home, gaming, or streaming? What solutions can you all offer to me? I originally purchased a router but then realized my mistake of not purchasing a modem, much to my dismay. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Question regarding Netgear Nighthawk Modem/Router combo with Spectrum service

It should work fine. 

It is on the ISP to update modem/router combo devices but it rarely happens. 

Reason why is the ISP has to pay to validate the firmware and they don't wan tot do this. 

so they leave it with unpatched firmware.

Usually the updates are security enhancements. 

but you should still be good for using it. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E