Question regarding hooking drives up to R8000 USB 3.0

layne81
Tutor

Question regarding hooking drives up to R8000 USB 3.0

Hello all,

I recently hooked up my hard drive to the R8000 3.0 port on the back.... so I can access via FTP.

However, now I am unable to see the drives on my PC.... Is there a way to somehow see my drives on my PC while also hooked up to the 3.0 drive?

I want to be able to put files on the drives while it is hooked up to the router.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Layne
Message 1 of 3
lilstone87
Apprentice

Re: Question regarding hooking drives up to R8000 USB 3.0

Well are you trying to access the hard drive over the internet? Or just via your lan? If you're just trying to access via your lan, under the advanced settings for usb on the router web interface. I have Network Neighborhood optioned checked. Which is pretty much Samba share. Then I just apply folder access option for the drive below that, and apply them.

Then for me, I use a windows pc. So then I just open "Computer" from the start menu, then on the left had lower menu of that window. I click on "Network" which then will bring up your local network drives, and such. Sometimes you need to right click and refresh the network for everything to show up. This for me works for sharing my hard drive via the router threw out my lan.
Message 2 of 3
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: Question regarding hooking drives up to R8000 USB 3.0

If you are trying to access the drive via Internet then you will not be able to see the Drive on your PC as it will only show the drive connected to the router.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E