Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question to the Netgear Product Managers: Why do you discontinue SFP+ Module integration?

cccleaner
Aspirant

Question to the Netgear Product Managers: Why do you discontinue SFP+ Module integration?

Hello 

This is not a support but a product management question:

I am looking for a modern new powerful state of the art WLAN Router to connect to my FTTH ISP. It should replace the X10 R9000 Nighthawk, be more powerful for several concurrently operating WLAN devices, including better anntena strength and support up to 10Gbit Fibre Channel Internet Connection.

The Wifi 6 devices look promising but I do not find any of them with integrated SFP+ connector in your portfolio anymore.

Is that correct or do I oversee something? There are now only Multigigabit RJ45 Copper Connectors.

Please inform if you are going to introduce the SFP+ connector again in any future devices or if you have anything  comparable to offer.

Thank you

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Question to the Netgear Product Managers: Why do you discontinue SFP+ Module integration?

That is correct as of right now we do not have a Newer home router with that port. You may want to take a look at our business products.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
cccleaner
Aspirant

Re: Question to the Netgear Product Managers: Why do you discontinue SFP+ Module integration?

Hi Darren

Thank you for your feedback. Kindly ask you to post a link to exactly the Business Device you would refer to?

The target would be to have as less different devices / converters / modems / bridges / as possible.  We can have here up to 10Gbit over Fibre to the home.

Thank you

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7