R 7000 - Unable to logon and unable to change password

Janieron1975
Follower

R 7000 - Unable to logon and unable to change password

I have the password the router came with but want to change it since it does not work. When we use the password it came with and even the default sign in(admin) and the default password( password) we are unable to log in. I hit the reset button twice and unable to login to change the password. I've been at this for over an hour. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you JT
Message 1 of 2

Re: R 7000 - Unable to logon and unable to change password

@Janieron1975 wrote:
When we use the password it came with and even the default sign in(admin) and the default password( password) we are unable to log in.

This suggests something is wonky on your network. I would sort that out before you doing anything else.

What firmware version do you have on the R7000?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E