Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6120 Intermittent internet outages - multiple times/day

cgilz24
Aspirant

R6120 Intermittent internet outages - multiple times/day

Modem = Netgear CM400

Purchased the router and modem together about 3 months ago.

About a month ago, the internet started going down once or twice a day.  When I would go check them, the internet light on the router would be orange.  I would unplug it, wait about 1 minute and then re-plug it in.  Worked most of the time.  Sometimes, when it would not go green, I would leave the modem and the router shut off for 5-10 minutes and then plug them both in.  This seemed to work.

Lately, it goes down 5+ times every single day.  It has gone down twice since I started this post.

From a previous post, I noticed the below questions and have answered them below:

1. Please indicate the exact firmware version. V1.0.0.48
  2. Please make sure that a factory reset is done after the firmware update. It says ‘No new firmware version available’.
  3. Is the wired connection to from the router stable? The connection between the two was stable for a month or two. And then like now, every couple of hours the internet light on the router turns orange. Sometimes it goes back to green.  Sometimes it does not.
  4. Does the issue persist on both bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz)? Yes it does. I checked both.
  5. Are all your wireless devices affected? Yes. Two laptops and two Android phones.  Internet goes down simultaneously on all devices.

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
cgilz24
Aspirant

Re: R6120 Intermittent internet outages - multiple times/day

YES... T3 and Criticals all over the place.  I contacted Comcast (in India, of course) and they said something along the lines of there being boot timeouts in the modem logs and they would perform maintenance to remove and reboot and resync.

For about an hour, no problem.  Then some more modem issues...which is a Netgear CM400 by the way...arose and I did another round of chats with persons whose names I can't even begin to pronounce...let alone spell.  Nonetheless, it seems to be working now, and the router has only gone orange on the internet light once for about 30 seconds.

By the way, I completely reset the modem twice, deleted and downloaded the Nighthawk app twice.  So, started out with fresh installs twice.  Seems to be working so far...time will tell.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you checked the modem logs? Do you see any T3 or T4 timeouts in those logs?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
cgilz24
Aspirant

YES... T3 and Criticals all over the place.  I contacted Comcast (in India, of course) and they said something along the lines of there being boot timeouts in the modem logs and they would perform maintenance to remove and reboot and resync.

For about an hour, no problem.  Then some more modem issues...which is a Netgear CM400 by the way...arose and I did another round of chats with persons whose names I can't even begin to pronounce...let alone spell.  Nonetheless, it seems to be working now, and the router has only gone orange on the internet light once for about 30 seconds.

By the way, I completely reset the modem twice, deleted and downloaded the Nighthawk app twice.  So, started out with fresh installs twice.  Seems to be working so far...time will tell.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7