Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6260 bridge mode

huseyine
Initiate

R6260 bridge mode

Hello all. I have a virgin superhub 3 which is good but i want to spread wifi signal evenly across house. I know i could buy range extenders but i have a 2nd wifi router. Can i use this in bridge mode. My attempts have failed so far as its not something i have used before.

My superhub 3 is using both 1.4ghz and 5ghz wifi. When i put my r6260 into bridge mode, select 5ghz, add ssid and password and WPA2 i click apply. After reset there is no connection to superhub. I even tried to do same to a a spare asus router. No joy. Netgear restarts and sometimes doesnt assign ip (169.254...etc) or sometimes boots up and gives ip of its own accord but even then i still cant establish connection to netgear even with lan. Only option to do hard reset. Tried so many times just doesnt work. Page 161 on manual shows this too.

On a side note can i confirm. If this eventually did work as bridge can wifi clients connect to the r6260 or will it then only be for lan connections?

Thank you all.
Model: R6260|AC1600 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Bridge mode isn't repeater/extender mode. 
It'd simply connect the R6260 to the primary router and let you use the ethernet ports. 

You'd be better to hardwired in the r6260 and run it in ap (access point) mode. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Bridge mode isn't repeater/extender mode. 
It'd simply connect the R6260 to the primary router and let you use the ethernet ports. 

You'd be better to hardwired in the r6260 and run it in ap (access point) mode. 

Message 2 of 3
huseyine
Initiate

Thank you. Clarifies all for me.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements