Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400 AC1750 Router dropping signal and EVEN hard wired does not connect - ISP is FINE

radgear
Aspirant

R6400 AC1750 Router dropping signal and EVEN hard wired does not connect - ISP is FINE

I have a R6400 AC1750 and is not even 4 years old and since October has been dropping signals intermittently. Then after replacing and testing with TP Link everything was working fine. Went back to the NG 1750 and internmmited signals dropping cell phone connections and then EVEN the hard wired ROKU device would not connect with the NG 6400.

It looks like defective NG product and their support does not seem to understand "hard wired". They want to still talk 2.4 / 5g.

I am ready to go buy a TP Line product.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: R6400 AC1750 Router dropping signal and EVEN hard wired does not connect - ISP is FINE

What modem/gateway do you have? 

What firmware is on your router? 

The router is 4 years old and you were talking to support? support costs $ after 90 days. 

Message 2 of 4
radgear
Aspirant

Re: R6400 AC1750 Router dropping signal and EVEN hard wired does not connect - ISP is FINE

I have an Arris Model TM822G

I had uploaded the lastest firmware for the R6400 (I don't know which one it is now because I disconnected) as was not working.

I was talking to NG hardware folks and yes, NG wants you to pay $$ for some support for their device that doesn't work and is defective or their firmware is crap.

Nice way to make revenue, send out crappy firmware (as many people have posted this all started end of Sept) and then charge your customers to fix crapp firm ware or devices that fail.

Hard wired and still interrupptions with signal while the ISP Modem and signal are strong.

How many people are going to put up with type of management and customer service is the real question. I am not and it won't be for NetGear product.

Message 3 of 4
radgear
Aspirant

Are you suggesting a new modem?

Makes no sense, the TP Link works fine without changing modem.

It's bad NG device or their firmware. Many other people reporting same signal dropping after year of being fine..

No support, no more purchases

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7