Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400 WiFi not working

rasweat
Aspirant

R6400 WiFi not working

I get home and my wifi is not working. I check in the manager and there is a big fat yellow warning that my wifi is off. I did some searching and after reading multiple threads about pressing and holding the wifi button on the front of the device. I have found that none of these are working for me.

What am I doing wrong?  I performed a factory reset but that didn't seem to work either.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
rasweat
Aspirant

Re: R6400 WiFi not working

So after I put this post up. I realized that my hard reset did not take. I navigated to hard reset in the software and executed. Th at fixed my issue.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

What do the wifi LEDs look like? And the others? Is there an internet connection?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

There is support for the R6400, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R6400 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Message 2 of 5
Zycal
Aspirant

Hi,

I am having the same problem; the wifi suddenly failed while watching TV. Tried resetting the router and pressing and holding the wifi button on the front panel, nothing seems to work.

Thankfully, the internet is still on. The wifi light does not blink even when I pressed the button. LEDs pic attached.

Firmware version: V1.0.1.46_1.0.32

Any possibilities to save it?

Thank you

Message 3 of 5
rasweat
Aspirant

So after I put this post up. I realized that my hard reset did not take. I navigated to hard reset in the software and executed. Th at fixed my issue.
Message 4 of 5
myersw
Master

Thanks for the update of what fixed your issue. 

Could help others. 

Reset does seem to fix lots of problems.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7