R6400 constantly drops 5G signal

undgrad00
Aspirant

R6400 constantly drops 5G signal

I know that this subject has been prolific with Netgear routers, but I have not seen any solid solutions. I loose my 5G side several times per day. Before i scrap this router and move to another brand, has anyone heard of a solution?

I have the current firmware and have tried changing channels.

Thanks,

D.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
myersw
Master

Re: R6400 constantly drops 5G signal

@undgrad00 wrote:

I know that this subject has been prolific with Netgear routers, but I have not seen any solid solutions. I loose my 5G side several times per day. Before i scrap this router and move to another brand, has anyone heard of a solution?

I have the current firmware and have tried changing channels.

Thanks,

D.

You are correct. netgear does not seem to be able to provide decent firmware now and has not been. Sold a r8000 and r8000p due to on going firmware issues. Decided to move on. Would suggest you do the same IMHO. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to enable Impact beam forming in the advanced wireless settings?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
undgrad00
Aspirant

Hi Darren,

I work from home and require a stable and relaible iternet connection. I have been working on this for over 6 months,including several service calls to my ISP thinking it was them. After reviewing the discussion forums it is pretty obvious that Netgear has a chronic problem across most of their wifi platforms. I'm sure they will eventually figure it out and send a firmware fix, but I am not interested in waiting any longer. I bought an ASUS router andsofar itisperformingflawlessly. Ironically they guy I bought it from had the exact same issue with his Netgear router. Sofor me the solution was to switch manufacturers. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best,

David

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements