Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400v2 Cannot connect to internet after firmware update

jtb0130
Follower

R6400v2 Cannot connect to internet after firmware update

My router was intermittently dropping WiFi so I went to the app and downloaded the firmware update it suggested. Now I have no internet connection even though all the lights are blinking correctly on the router and modem.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R6400v2 Cannot connect to internet after firmware update

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 4

@jtb0130 wrote:
My router was intermittently dropping WiFi so I went to the app and downloaded the firmware update it suggested. Now I have no internet connection even though all the lights are blinking correctly on the router and modem.

Your message is thin on useful information. If you do post your message elsewhere – I do not know if @FURRYe38 has asked to have it moved, I can't see anything else from you – it might help to add some more details, such as the modem, if there is one, in front of your router. 

You could also tell us a bit about what you mean by no internet connection. That could describe various things, such as wifi devices that cannot connect, wired devices going nowhere and so on. Did you reboot the modem and router? Anything else you have tried to fix things?

When it comes to those lights, what does "blinking correctly" mean to you? 

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Check the section in the manual Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

They haven't been back on since they first posted... Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements