R6700 Bridge Mode disconnect, loss of connection

John451
Initiate

R6700 Bridge Mode disconnect, loss of connection

I currently have a R6700v3 router connected to a Docsis 3.0 Motorala Surfboard, this equipment works without any issues. In another room I have a R6400 in bridge mode with one computer connected to one of the ports. Before continuing, I have searched the forums and tried the solutions that I was able to find.

My attempts to resolve the issue have all resulted in the same problem. The computer connected to the bridged router fails to connect to the internet after waking up from sleep. The only solution seems to power cycle the R6700v3 when it is either being used as the bridge or the main router. I have not touched the advanced wireless configurations, other than what was mentioned below. I'm hoping there is a setting or procedure that I have not tried that can correct the issue.

Here are the things I have done to try to resolve the issue:

1) I made sure I was on the latest firmware for both routers. The R6700v3 is on V1.0.2.62_10.0.46, the R6400 is on V1.0.1.46_1.0.32.

2) Factory reset both routers, reconfigured without restoring settings. The only settings I changed after the factory reset was setting up the wifi on the main router, turning on the bridge mode in the secondary, and assigning static ip addresses for both the main and bridged router.

3) Tried swapping routers. Originally, I had the R6400 as the main router and R6700v3 in bridge mode. Currently, I have the R6700v3 as my main router and the R6400 in bridge mode. I did a factory reset when I swapped them.

4) I tried statically assigning the ip addresses for the routers and the PC that is connected via the bridge.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
ericw345
Aspirant

Re: R6700 Bridge Mode disconnect, loss of connection

Hello, did you ever resolve the problem?  I have the same router, and experiencing almost exactly the same issue. The difference is that my computers connected to the bridge router are not sleeping.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
John451
Initiate

Re: R6700 Bridge Mode disconnect, loss of connection

I rolled back the firmware on the extender to 1.0.0.66, I haven't had any problems since. I found the solution in another forum regarding bridge mode in a router.

https://www.netgear.com/support/download/default.aspx

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements