Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700 Fails to Update Firmware or QoS over Internet

leetol
Initiate

R6700 Fails to Update Firmware or QoS over Internet

My R6700 is on firmware V1.0.1.16_10.0.30 which I had to manually update.  When I try to use the update functions in Administration or the QoS screen, it states -

"Attempting to connect to Netgear Server. Please Wait..." --

then

"No Internet connection is detected. The router cannot check the NETGEAR server for updated firmware. After setting up your Internet connection, go to the Router Upgrade screen to check for updated firmware."

which doesn't make any sense since I am connected to the Internet (status is Good on the main dashboard) and using the router right now.  It's a minor annoyance since I can update firmware manually.  But for the QoS database, I can't download it manually and only through the interface (it's on version 2016/03/06 now).

Any suggestions appreciated.  Thank you.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R6700 Fails to Update Firmware or QoS over Internet

Hi All,

Try to reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure it. Check if the same problem after the reset.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

No answer, I'm afraid, but yours is one of a series of similar messages that I have seen here over the past few weeks.

For example:

R6900 after firmware updated, no internet connecti... - NETGEAR Communities

One user even complained that the problem was with Netgear's updfate servers, but everyone else could get there, so that can't be the issue.

Message 2 of 5
mcseprofession
Aspirant

Im on the model R8000 with the latest firmware at the moment V1.0.3.36_1.1.25 and I have the same problem.. I didnt have this problem until I upgraded.. I even switch to DDWRT for a few weeks for the QOS control and just switched back and still same problem.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Try to reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure it. Check if the same problem after the reset.

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7