R6700 High ping spikes on CSGO/Sea of Thieves, confusing logs.

buttertire
Aspirant

R6700 High ping spikes on CSGO/Sea of Thieves, confusing logs.

I've been having an issue with my internet spiking recently for a few weeks, getting up to 700 PING during gameplay in CSGO and Sea of Thieves, being the most common online games I play. It's usually just something I can ignore, but is still annoying, but it also leaks into my download speeds and everything is generally slower when this happens. I'm not sure what to do, I've updated and changed some settings, I'm on Router Firmware Version
V1.2.0.24_1.0.1
While all this is very confusing to me, not knowing much about router configurations and issues. I checked and saw this, 
[DoS attack: ACK Scan] from source: (here would be numbers) Sunday, September 30,2018 23:37:15  
mutiple times in the Advanced tab in the routerlogin, under Administration. If anyones got something on this let me know, need more information let me know, thank you.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
buttertire
Aspirant

Re: R6700 High ping spikes on CSGO/Sea of Thieves, confusing logs.

Also forgot to mention, router loses internet connection almost everyday randomly and I have to reboot it.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

What about your modem are you able to check the logs of the modem?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
buttertire
Aspirant

I don't know how, but I just got a new one from my ISP and still getting ping spikes.

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements