Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700 How to connect from one device on the 5Ghz radio to a device on the 2.4Ghz radio?

Wanheda
Follower

R6700 How to connect from one device on the 5Ghz radio to a device on the 2.4Ghz radio?

I tried the Smart connect option for a while (seeing as how I've always named both radios with the same SSID and pw anyways) but I turned it off because I could never predict which radio i would be connected to at any given time. My main problem comes from trying to use the Roku app on my phone. I've since turned off the Smart Connect and even had to break my long standing tradition of both radios having the same SSID. I keep my Roku on the 2.4 radio because it really has no need for the increased speed of the 5, but if my iPhone is on the 5 radio, it cannot see the Roku on the 2.4 and vice versa. I haven't noticed any other issues with the network scheme not working as my printer is on the 2.4 and i can print all day long. Anyone have an idea for a fix within the router, say altering the routing tables maybe? While I do have everything on DHCP, I did set address reservations for each device so its a pseudo-static setup and yes, i was too lazy to grab everyone's devices and setup statics per device because when everyone is home, we are running about 20 LAN IPs. The Roku device btw (in case it matters) is the newest version of the Roku Premiere. Controlling the Roku with my phone is rather important to me because it has the ability to play the audio directly to my phone instead of through the tv speakers and if I use earbuds, the playback is just to me so i can watch tv and not wake up my wife. So,  ideas?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7