Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700 Lost Wifi after 3 years

flute
Aspirant

R6700 Lost Wifi after 3 years

I lost wi fi after 3 years of no problems. How can I get wi fi back? Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Model R6700

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
flute
Aspirant

Re: R6700 Lost Wifi after 3 years

I did not get this working and bought an R6900P, which does work. Also, I was able to register the new R6900P. Thank you all.....

View solution in original post

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 6 of 7

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi flute,

What are the lights on the front panel of the router?

Press the wireless button.

Message 2 of 7
flute
Aspirant

Thank you for answering. The 5 and 2.4 lights were out and I could not get anything to work. Plus I knowcked out  our Mini Tivo during the adventure. I bought a new Netgear router at Costco because I had incurred extra data charges on my cell phone. I just let this problem go for too long. The costco reviews of Netgear routers are very bad, but that is all they have at our local warehouse. We are remote and captive consumers.....

Message 3 of 7
flute
Aspirant

Now I cannot register my new router R6900 with Netgear because I already have an account under my email address. How do other people handle this problem? 

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I would check near by environment for interferences. 

Check the power adapter tip for correct voltages and amps. Can be a cause of router problems if power adapter isn't working right. 

Has a factory reset been performed? 

Try a manual reload of FW and factory reset and set up from scratch using IE11 or FF. 

Contact NG support for registration issues. 

Message 5 of 7
flute
Aspirant

I did not get this working and bought an R6900P, which does work. Also, I was able to register the new R6900P. Thank you all.....

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation