Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700 Setup help

meepa
Aspirant

R6700 Setup help

Hello! I just purchased a Nighthawk R6700 AC1750 and had trouble setting up the router. I followed the instructions in the Nighthawk app and everything, but my phone and other devices showed connected but no internet. So i am wondering what is the issue here. I power cycled my modem and the new router several times but it still said no internet. I am replacing the N600 and had to reconnect it back since the new router isnt working properly. Any help? Though, the internet light was blinking constantly, I dont know if that has to do with anything. I am using the specturm modem and the model number for the modem is E31T2V1 and it says DOCSIS 3.1 under it. Thanks in advance! 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: R6700 Setup help

@meepa wrote:

I followed the instructions in the Nighthawk app and everything, but my phone and other devices showed connected but no internet.

What does the Internet LED on the device looks like now?

Is it still blinking? That usually just means "traffic".

What colour? That is the key indicator.

The mobile app is not the best way to set these things up. If possible try a wired connection and follow the QuickStart/Installation Guide.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

@meepa wrote:

I power cycled my modem and the new router several times but it still said no internet.

Remember, as the documentation says, you have to do things in the correct order.

As this is a router, there is probably a modem sitting in front of it. You need to get the devices to forget any inherited settings. Among other things, that means rebooting the network.

Power cuts usually take out both the modem and the router on a network. When the power comes back on, they may start up in the wrong order, with the router starting before the modem is ready. That means that they get confused about which is in charge.

It may help to reboot the whole network in the right order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 5
meepa
Aspirant

Hi! I did the right order for the power cycle, turned off the modem first and the router. Then I plugged in the modem and waited for the lights to stable. After that I plugged in the router. The internet LED is white but it is blinking furiously. I read the manual it said solid white light so I don't know what I did wrong. Do I have to press the rest button on the router to restart the process? Thanks for the reply!
Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tested to see if you are getting an internet connection from the router? And to factory reset the router if you need to you will want to hold that reset button for 10 seconds with the router powered on.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
meepa
Aspirant

Hi! My phone said it is connected to the router but no internet.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7