R6700 V2 0Mb download, but 12Mb upload

nochance2786
Aspirant

R6700 V2 0Mb download, but 12Mb upload

This router has been working fine for me until recently, but now when I run a speed test from the app I'm showing 0Mbps dowload speeds, and 12.20Mbps upload speeds. I have everything up to date on the router, and have already talked with my ISP to make sure everything is fine on Spectrum's end. A speed test when plugged directly into the modem shows 115Mbps dowload speeds. An xbox connected to the router via ethernet cable also shows 115Mbps download speeds, so it is only the WiFi download speed that is being affected. I've tried resetting everything including factory resetting the router, and starting over. I turned off Qos, and that had no impact either. My next step is to attemot to get the router replaced, but I haven't had god luck with Netgear customer service, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R6700 V2 0Mb download, but 12Mb upload

Have you tried changing wireless channels? also have you tried to check or uncheck the mumimo and beamforming settings in the advanced wireless settings?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
nochance2786
Aspirant

Re: R6700 V2 0Mb download, but 12Mb upload

I have not tried those two things, but it won’t broadcast a signal strong enough to even open the router login page anymore, so I have no way to change anything.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements