Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700 WIFI won't turn on

fripn
Aspirant

R6700 WIFI won't turn on

Initially tried to set up through the Genie setup that auto runs via WIFI using the default SSID and Password.  During the initial set up it was working fine till the firmware update then it crashed and I could not connect to the network anymore and connected via ethernet and completed the setup the second time.  Since then WIFI comes up OFF.  I have tried factory resetting multiple times, multiple different firmware (most recent, earlier and initial release).  Furthermore have tried uploading DDWRT and while the firmware takes, it says "Radio is off."  Since then I have flashed back to the most recent Netgear firmware and posting to see if I missed something.  Thanks

Link to my current settings:  http://imgur.com/a/qd6rf 

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/qd6rf"><a href="//imgur.com/qd6rf"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
fripn
Aspirant

Re: R6700 WIFI won't turn on

Getting it replaced after talking to support if someone could close out this thread.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
fripn
Aspirant

Getting it replaced after talking to support if someone could close out this thread.  Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
katrin69
Aspirant

Yes, I would also like to say that 1.) R6700 Nighthawk is apparently a piece off garbage, and 2.) that it must be nice to be Netgear to have covered their asses on the warrenty via a shelf life.  I purchased this product brand new from costco right before we moved out of town since there was not a costco where we were moving to, and our old wifi router had about had it. Once we got where we were going we found out our cable company provided a wifi router at no extra charge so we ended up not needing the nighthawk. I should have just returned it next time we drove by a costco. Unfortunately I kept it, we moved into a house about 8 months later,  it was about 3 months after that that I decided to try and hook this thing up, brand new from  box.  I got to registration page, wasnt even sure  i did that actually,  because about then i realized this thing does not support a lan line, only the bigger style plug in, so i put it back in box, and planned on giving it to a friend or someone who could use it.  I gave it to my dad in january, he spent about a month trying to get it to work, netgear wanted to charge him for customer support because  it was over 90 days since it was registered. so he took it to staples and had them do a problem shoot on it. they had it an hour,  told him yes, it connects to wifi, but doesnt support incoming internet.  They have like 10 of these on the shelf,  i am pretty sure  they know what they are doing, but after calling netgear to have them replace it with one that would work, they said these have a shelf life and this model was 2014, so they would not replace past 15 months from  whenever that shelf life was.  I explained it is brand new, box was only opened in september when it was registered, they wont do anything about it, i got a supervisor, he wouldnt do anything about it but send me the online instructions for  troubleshooting...which we already had and tried over 3 weeks ago. So i am here to say, Netgear sucks, they build products that they update every 2 years apparently just so they have a shelf life where they wont warranty the product. because  they said the sales company is supposed to return them to netgear when they reach shelf life I told my dad he better go down to staples and have them return all the ones they currently have on their shelf since apparently they have this same model still on their shelves and netgear wont honor the warranty  since it is from the shelf life date, not necessarily the registration date. also...dont register your product, what's the point? they will only give you 90 days support past when you register. you can apparently bypass registering the device and use it, i have talked to a few people who have, so register once you have a problem with your device instead is my advice, that way they will give you the support they should be providing way past 90 days anyway...garbage company with crappy customer support and products. I have only had one that worked past 2 years anyway out of 4.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7