Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700 and Vantec NexStar enclosure

kal17
Initiate

R6700 and Vantec NexStar enclosure

Greetings everyone,  

I recently bought a R6700 at Costco, and found to my delight that it had a USB 3.0 hard drive port.  I had a Samsung HD155UI 1.5 TB USB 2.0 hard drive laying around, so I purchased a Vantec NexStar USB 3.0 enclosure (NST-36653-BK).  I slapped the hard drive in, attached it to my laptop, formatted the drive NTFS, then plugged it into my router.  Netgear is not recognizing it.  Took it out and for grins formatted it to be a 32g FAT32.  Netgear recognized that partition.  I'm stumped - 

Netgear firmware - Firmware Version  V1.0.0.2_1.0.1

Everything else on the router is working like a charm - any suggestions welcome.   Thanks,  Ken

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
kal17
Initiate

Re: R6700 and Vantec NexStar enclosure

Greetings everyone, and I'm pleased to report that my problem is resolved.  Did a little research as to the firmware upgrades, and what they had fixed.  To that end, I applied the latest firmware - 1.0.0.24 , and now I have 1.5 TB of storage available to all my Windows 8 / 10 machines at home.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
kal17
Initiate

Re: R6700 and Vantec NexStar enclosure

Greetings everyone, and I'm pleased to report that my problem is resolved.  Did a little research as to the firmware upgrades, and what they had fixed.  To that end, I applied the latest firmware - 1.0.0.24 , and now I have 1.5 TB of storage available to all my Windows 8 / 10 machines at home.  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7