Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700 reboots several times each day. Time periods vary but mostly between 4-6 pm.

dkirk
Tutor

R6700 reboots several times each day. Time periods vary but mostly between 4-6 pm.

Router is at version V1.0.2.8. I have added a Tripplite UPS with automatic Voltage regulation.I have had Spectrum out to check connections and they replaced some connectors and cable. Internet connection had also been slow in the early am 6-7 am the speed up to 30 gig by 10AM. Speeds have been checked with direct connect of pc running SPectrum Speed Analyser and router.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this rebooting, Log file just shows an Internet disconnect.

Thanks

DK

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R6700 reboots several times each day. Time periods vary but mostly between 4-6 pm.

Sorry, clicked to soon on last post. 

It'd be awesome but I doubt you have 30gig service. maybe you meant 30Mbps? 

What modem are you using? (model number)

The R6700 revieved netgear armor with the last update. Some devices had issues with armor. How I'd start?

1. Factory reset the router. There was enough changes (added armor, removed itunes server, dlna, kwilt, tivo, downloader) that some settings changes caused issues. Try hard factory resetting and manually re-installing. (not from backup). Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. The lights should change when held long enough.

2. If this doesn't work, try downgrading to the firmware prior to armor. (1.0.2.6). do the factory reset and manually install again. 

I'd start there. many devices have had issues with the rollout of armor because it made such big changes to the firmware. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: R6700 reboots several times each day. Time periods vary but mostly between 4-6 pm.

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

Sorry, clicked to soon on last post. 

It'd be awesome but I doubt you have 30gig service. maybe you meant 30Mbps? 

What modem are you using? (model number)

The R6700 revieved netgear armor with the last update. Some devices had issues with armor. How I'd start?

1. Factory reset the router. There was enough changes (added armor, removed itunes server, dlna, kwilt, tivo, downloader) that some settings changes caused issues. Try hard factory resetting and manually re-installing. (not from backup). Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. The lights should change when held long enough.

2. If this doesn't work, try downgrading to the firmware prior to armor. (1.0.2.6). do the factory reset and manually install again. 

I'd start there. many devices have had issues with the rollout of armor because it made such big changes to the firmware. 

Message 3 of 6
dkirk
Tutor

Thank  you for the comprehensive reply. I will try your suggestions and advise on the results 

Message 4 of 6
dkirk
Tutor

Thank you Plemans!

Your suggestion appears to hace resolved my router reboot problem. After 48 hours I have not had one reboot. Firm ware version V1.0.2.6 is the solutioin. I will rewport to Netgear.

Again,thanks for your wonderful help.

DK

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear it helped! let us know if you have further issues and we'll do our best!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7