R6700 v2 Loses Internet Connection

canu49
Guide

R6700 v2 Loses Internet Connection

Installed this about a week ago. It worked great for 5 days then started dropping the internet connection.The internet light on the router is white, but my PC shows a problem. Using windows 10. Ran troubleshoot and came up with " ethernet 2 adapter"  The router is using the PC driver ( Realteck). I updated it and it worked fine for several hours. Went to driver properties and turned off all energy saving. That worked also for a while. Now I reboot the router a couple of times a day. I never had any problems with my old N600. I'm an old fashioned guy who wants to be able to plug something in and have it work until it dies. This thing is sucking a lot of time out of my day. What next. Firmware version is 1.1.0.38

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
canu49
Guide

Re: R6700 v2 Loses Internet Connection

OK, not much response on that one. Next question :should my router show up under Device Manager : Network Adapters? It's not
Message 2 of 6

I'm having similar issues.  Your router will not show in device manager, it's not a "device" in that sense.  

Message 3 of 6
canu49
Guide

Thanks, I didn't think so, but had to ask.

Message 4 of 6
canu49
Guide

One more thing. It's been running great for the last 24 hours and the last reboot after a Windows 10 update. I have noticed that the Internet light is flashing white, not steady like the manual says. Could this indicate a problem? Of course, I could care less about flashing as long as it works.
Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi canu49,

Flashing white means there is an activity on the internet. It happens when devices tries to access internet.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E