Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700 v3 Intermittent connection issues

gigaboo
Aspirant

R6700 v3 Intermittent connection issues

I just purchased the Netgear Nighthawk AC1750, R6700v3, and while on my laptop, I'll occassionaly see, your internet connection has been restored.  All cables are secured, so I'm not sure what the issue may be.  Any assistance/advice would be great.

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: R6700 v3 Intermittent connection issues

what modem/gateway do you have? 

What firmware is on the router? 

You're hardwired into the router when the drops happen? 
is wireless dropping? just wired? 

Do all devices drop or just one? 

Message 2 of 9
gigaboo
Aspirant

The modem is Arris Surfboard SB6141

Not sure about the firmware, or where to find that.  I am hardwired to the router and yes.  I have not tried using the laptop on wifi yet, but i don't recall anything else losing connection, like my phone(s)

Message 3 of 9
gigaboo
Aspirant

The firmware is:  V1.0.4.106_10.0.80

Message 4 of 9
gigaboo
Aspirant

The current firmware is:  V1.0.4.106_10.0.80

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

How frequently is it happening? 

Usually when wired connections are dropping, we start with the modem. If the drops happen enough (could times a day or so), I'd hardwire into the modem and use it for that period to see if its the modem dropping and not the router. 

Message 6 of 9
gigaboo
Aspirant

It usually happens when I first start using the laptop.  Antything to do with the type of cable I'm using which is a CAT5E patch cable?  Does the amber light for the laptop on the router have anything to do with it?

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

@gigaboo wrote:

It usually happens when I first start using the laptop.  Antything to do with the type of cable I'm using which is a CAT5E patch cable?  Does the amber light for the laptop on the router have anything to do with it?

the amber light is on the laptop, on the router (and which light)?

Have you tried a different cable or device? It wouldn't be the first time a cable or a ethernet jack on a device was bad. 

Or a different port on the router? 

Message 8 of 9
gigaboo
Aspirant

This is my second cable, although not new, and I have tried one other port.  I might just get a new cable, not very expensive, and see what happens.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7