Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700 won't connect to Kindle

alrockaz
Aspirant

R6700 won't connect to Kindle

My Kindle Paperwhite, 2016 model, lost its connection to my router. Other than firmware, nothing has changed. Same SSID, same password, same settings for Channel (Auto), etc. I've restarted the router and the Kindle. I've changed the channel on the router, as well as the max speed. I even tested a second Kindle and got the same result. "Your Kindle is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi network "Midnight"."

I confirmed other devices can connect to Midnight wirelessly - I turned off cell data on my phone, connected to this SSID and got on the Internet.

Is there some known issue between Kindle firmware and this router's firmware? 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
alrockaz
Aspirant

Re: R6700 won't connect to Kindle

I've been out of town and have not been able to test a solution. But on my return, the KIndles both worked without any modification to them or to the router. After days of failures, restarts. etc, suddenly success.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi alrockaz,

Try to reset the router and configure it manually.

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi alrockaz,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 5
alrockaz
Aspirant

I've been out of town and have not been able to test a solution. But on my return, the KIndles both worked without any modification to them or to the router. After days of failures, restarts. etc, suddenly success.

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi alrockaz,

Glad to know it works now. Please observe the connection and report back.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7