Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700V2 DHCP Issues

kdhollis
Aspirant

R6700V2 DHCP Issues

I have a new R6700V2 router that has a very strange DHCP Issue.   I just installed the router (replaced an older Asus) and everything worked fine for about 12 hours until devices started having their leases expire and none of them would renew.   Even manual DHCP assignments to specific MAC addresses don't work.

I'm running V1.1.0.32 Firmware but have also used V1.1.0.24 with no change.

I've reset the router to factory defaults and started over twice.

I've performed a hard reset on the router and started over with not better result.

I've changed the DHCP range to various ranges and it had no impact. 

I've disconnected everything from the router,  performed a hard reset and configured the router,  and neither an Iphone, and Ipad, nor a laptop will connect and get a DHCP address.  If I manually configure TCP/IP on the devices, everything works fine.

I'm at a loss as to how to further troubleshoot this.  It's like the router's DHCP function just doesn't work at all..

Any thoughts as to how to troubleshoot this further?

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
kdhollis
Aspirant

Re: R6700V2 DHCP Issues

The replacement router works perfectly.   It must have just been a defective device.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
kdhollis
Aspirant

As and update,  I also connected a wired laptop and and wired Xbox to the router with the same results.  No DHCP.  I consider myself very technical but this one has me stumped.   Manual configuration of the device works fine so I know it has to be DHCP related.

Message 2 of 9
kdhollis
Aspirant

Update as I continue to work through this.  I have made manual reservations for all 18 connected devices.  "Most" of the wireless reservations seem to be working but addresses will not be handed out wirelessly unless there's a manual reservation already made.   Wired devices still will not get an address regardless of whether there is a reservation. 

Message 3 of 9
kdhollis
Aspirant

The support team has been very helpful but unable to resolve the issue so we are replacing the router.  I'll update to let everyone know whether this resolved the issue.

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 4 of 9
JamesGL
Master

HI kdhollis,

Try to load the latest firmware. Reset and reconfigure after.

https://kb.netgear.com/000038706/R6700v2-Firmware-Version-1-1-0-34

Message 5 of 9
kdhollis
Aspirant

I have upgraded and reset with still the same issue.   It has to be something defective with this router. The router will be replaced soon and hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Message 6 of 9
JamesGL
Master

HI kdhollis,

Please provide us feedback once you have the replacement.

Message 7 of 9
kdhollis
Aspirant

The replacement router works perfectly.   It must have just been a defective device.

Message 8 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi kdhollis,

Good to know it is working.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation