R6700V3 Intermitting wifi disconnect and reconnect

SEM55112
Aspirant

R6700V3 Intermitting wifi disconnect and reconnect

I have R6700V3 on Firmware Version V1.0.4.84 and in the past few months, I have a couple of my devices are experiencing intermitting wifi disconnect and reconnect. I did a factory reset and reconfigure the rounter and that doesn't seem to help. I was wondering if my issues is software issues or hardware issues. The rounter in underwarranty for another few more months.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: R6700V3 Intermitting wifi disconnect and reconnect

the R6700v3 recieved netgear armor in version 1.0.4.78.  Some routers have had issues with it. 

You could try downgrading to version 1.0.3.66 and see if it helps. Do it over a hardwired connection, factory reset the router after the downgrade, and do a manual install. don't install from a backup as it might have settings retained from when armor was installed. 

Current setup: CM2000-> RBKE963B-> Trendnet TEG-S380-> GS716T-> pi-hole
1.4gig download/50mbps upload
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 2 of 5
DanVW1023
Aspirant

@plemans I have the same issue as OP with the R6700v3 intermittently dropping WiFi devices and requiring a reboot on firmware 1.0.4.84.  I am having to reboot the router every 2-3 days and it's really become a nuisance.  Thanks for your recommendation to drop to 1.0.3.66 - I will try that this weekend and see if that resolves the issue.

Message 3 of 5
DanVW1023
Aspirant

Reverting to the 1.0.3.66 firmware did not resolve the issue.  I still have problems with wireless devices.  The symptoms seem slightly less severe on 1.0.3.66, but still not fully resolved.  For example, before reverting, wireless devices could not connect until I rebooted the router.  Now that I've downgraded to 1.0.3.66, devices still intermittently lose connection, but going into airplane mode then re-establishing a wireless connection restores connectivity.

I don't feel like wasting more time with this though.  I cannot return the router since I'm out of the retailer's exchange window, so I'm just going to flash it with a firmware that I know works and have relied on for almost 10 years to replace shoddy firmware - DD-WRT.

Hope that NetGear fixes the issue in a future firmware release though.

Message 4 of 5
saumin
Aspirant

Hi, I am facing same or similar issue. Is there any fix for this? My router r6700v3 is on latest firmware and cannot be returned, so i am stuck with it.

Please help!

Thanks!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E