Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700V3 - Needs to be rebooted every day

PatrickDee
Aspirant

R6700V3 - Needs to be rebooted every day

Hello,

I am hoping this is simple; but can't find any clear guidance.  I have to constantly reboot my router.  Yes, it has the latest firmware.  I don't lose the hardwired connection to my desktop.  It's usually my phone that drops the signal first.  Then I cannot reconnect without rebooting.  

R6700V3

Firmware: V1.0.4.106_10.0.80

Is the router shutting down due to an attack?  I have to say I am so disappointed in the lack of clear guidance on a resolution especially since I have seen many people have the same issue.  Thanks.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: R6700V3 - Needs to be rebooted every day

Since you updated firwmare, did you ever do a factory reset? 

The R6700v3 got the netgear armor upgrade several generations ago. Some devices needed a factory reset and new install (not from a backup) to get them functioning properly again. 

Others, needed to downgrade to prior to armor. If you want to try this, install version 1.0.3.66 of the firmware. then do the factory resets, new install. Make sure to disable auto-updates and try it. 

Message 2 of 7
PatrickDee
Aspirant

I did a factory reset a couple of months ago.  The issue has been constant pre & post reset.  I'm not going to continue fighting this as it seems it is a Netgear issue.  If someone from Netgear is reading this please note that I will be contacting the NY AG's office within the next few days.  They are clearly taking these matters seriously.  Or, have someone from your techincal support department reach out to me.  Thanks.  

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

1. threatening to file lawsuits is only going to get you kicked off here as its part of the terms and conditions. 

2. we're not netgear. this is the community support forum. where members of the public help out. So threats/complaints basically get your posts ignored and less help as we're volunteers just trying to help out. 

3. did you ever try downgrading the firmware? I'd recommend trying version 1.0.3.66. install that over a harwired connection, then do a factory reset, and a new install. disable auto-updates. 

Message 4 of 7
PatrickDee
Aspirant

Please close this ticket as unresolved.  I appreciate the help from the community; but expect more support from Netgear.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

this isn't a "ticket"

this is a support forum. You can mark it solved but it doesn't really benefit as it wasn't solved. 

did you try the downgrade of the firmware? 

Message 6 of 7
PatrickDee
Aspirant

Appreicate the clarification and the help.  I will reach out to Netgear directly as I purchased the product from them and it is their help I am ultimately seeking.  I'm sure the "Netgear Community" serves a valuable purpose, but it doesn't help me as I am wasting time and money on something the vendor should have a ready solution for.  Support on, community.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7