Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v2 Can't connect to Internet through modem, but can through another router

morpen
Follower

R6700v2 Can't connect to Internet through modem, but can through another router

Hello all,

It seems this topic has popped up a few times now but I've got the same issue. R6700v2, when connected to a modem, can't detect an internet connection.Here's a little backstory in case it's helpful:

My former setup for this router was running it in Acess Point Mode while plugged in to an AT&T Modem/Router combo. The reason for this was A) AT&T requires you to use their router/modem combo, and B) my 6700v2 had much better range than the combo.

I switched to Comcast today and decided to use my own equipment. I have an Arris Surfboard SB6190 cable modem, which seems to be working fine. I can plug it in to a computer and get an internet connection, and it even works with an old spare router I have lying around. However, when I plug it in to the 6700v2, the router claims it can't see the ethernet connection.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Unplugging the router for 30 seconds and turning it back on
2. Unplugging the modem for 30 seconds and turning it back on
3. Unplugging both the router and the modem for 30 seconds and turning them both back on
4. Unplugging both the router and the modem in every possible order of unplugging and re-activating in case the order of operations was wrong
5. Factory reset the router
6. Factory reset the modem
7. 30-30-30 reset the router
8. Tried manually setting up the router
9. Tried giving the router the same MAC address as a known working computer
10. Loopback test. Both the LAN and WAN ports light up amber during a loopback test.
11. About a half dozen verified working ethernet cables (CAT 5, 5e, and 6)

And that's when I stumbled across something interesting.

If I plug the 6700's WAN port into a LAN port on my working, spare router, it works completely fine. So I know the WAN ethernet port isn't broken.

I tried a couple other things after that:

12. Set the 6700 to Access Point mode, and then back to router mode
13. Update the firmware to the latest version (1.2.0.88_1.0.1)

So far, nothing has fixed the issue. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7