Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v2 Corrupt firmware? Plz help.

ColonelBologna
Aspirant

R6700v2 Corrupt firmware? Plz help.

I just got my R6700v2 this morning.  During setup, it froze/crashed.  Waited a few minutes to be sure, turned the router off/on and could no longer connect to it. (wired connection)  Figured...crap.  I'll do a factory reset.  No dice.  So looked online, behavour shows solid red/orange light.  Probably corrupted firmware.  Looked up the procedure to reflash the router.

Followed the instructions here:

https://kb.netgear.com/22688/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP

But my router will not get to the "green blinking light" part.  Holding the reset button down while powering the router up, only results in a blinking white light.  I was sure to hold the reset button down for plenty long enough after powering up.

Is my brand new router bricked?!

😞

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ColonelBologna
Aspirant

Re: R6700v2 Corrupt firmware? Plz help.

Problem solved!

I ended up using windows TFTP service to place the new firmware and that was succesfull.  The router did not auto reboot, but after i places the file, and restarted the router, it came back to life!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ColonelBologna
Aspirant

Re: R6700v2 Corrupt firmware? Plz help.

Problem solved!

I ended up using windows TFTP service to place the new firmware and that was succesfull.  The router did not auto reboot, but after i places the file, and restarted the router, it came back to life!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7