Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v2 Firmware Update Breaks Readyshare Write Access

Alex_W
Initiate

R6700v2 Firmware Update Breaks Readyshare Write Access

I recently updated the firmware on my R6700v2 to 1.2.0.88, and after that I could not get write access from my computer to the drive on the routers readyshare USB port.  The settings in the router are set to 'All-No Password' for both read and write access, but I could not write to the drive from a computer (it worked fine before the firmware upgrade).

I reverted to 1.2.0.76 with no change, and then reverted one step further to 1.2.0.74 and now it works perfectly fine again, write access is restored.

Just throwing this out there as a bug report of sorts.  Hopefully Netgear can fix this in the next version of the firmware, and in the mean time anyone who runs into this issue has an idea how to work around it.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: R6700v2 Firmware Update Breaks Readyshare Write Access

thanks for posting it!

After the update, did you ever try a factory reset and reinstall? Sometimes helps with issues after an update. 

If so and it didn't help, hopefully a mod sees it and lets the the engineering teams see it. 

Message 2 of 4
Alex_W
Initiate

I didn't try a reset to factory settings, although I did reboot the router when I first discovered that it wasn't working.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Next time you update and have issues, try the factory reset. If that doesn't work, then try the downgrade. 

But for how I'd leave it. The latest round of updates hasn't been getting good reviews. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7