Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v2 LEDs not functioning correctly, firmware version V1.2.0.16

dinosaur_sr
Aspirant

R6700v2 LEDs not functioning correctly, firmware version V1.2.0.16

Need some help with the LEDs on my R6700v2 not lighting up correctly.  Confirm I'm on the latest firmware and routerlogin.net LED settings are correct.

The problem started when my WiFi and wired connections weren't working this morning.  I ran the whole powercycle process on both modem and router multiple times, then a firmware update to the router, before the network came back up.

Problem now is that the LEDs on the router are not lighting up correctly- I'm getting solid white on Internet, WiFi, and WPS, and off/no lights for all of the others, including Power (see photo).  I've also completed a factory reset.

IMG_3138.JPG

As the hardware still works this is more of an irritation than anything, but I just purchased this router in January and would rather it work as intended.  Any help/guidance would really be appreciated, thanks.

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: R6700v2 LEDs not functioning correctly, firmware version V1.2.0.16

It looks like it is the power LED that is not working.

That is usually a sign of broken firmware.

There is a manual for the R6700v2 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>R6700V2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See page 216.

That the thing still works is odd. Might be worth reflashing the firmware, just in case it didn't stick.

I would also check that the power adapter is OK. If you have a spare with the same specs, try that.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
jrgabe
Aspirant

Have almost the same problem my netgear router wouldn't accept the latest firmware and this is a very bad experience for me with this company they cannot support their products...a bunch of people asking for help and they can't i will never buy their products anymore. I'm going to go back of using Linksys.
Message 2 of 4

It looks like it is the power LED that is not working.

That is usually a sign of broken firmware.

There is a manual for the R6700v2 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>R6700V2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See page 216.

That the thing still works is odd. Might be worth reflashing the firmware, just in case it didn't stick.

I would also check that the power adapter is OK. If you have a spare with the same specs, try that.

Message 3 of 4
dinosaur_sr
Aspirant

Sorry for the late reply and big thanks for response!  Powering down and unplugging the power adapter from the router did the trick.

Thanks again for your help!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7