Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6700v2 Plex port 32400 is closed suddenly

Retired_Member
Not applicable

R6700v2 Plex port 32400 is closed suddenly

My Plex remote access was working without any extra setting. However, it's suddenly not working. I checked my ip and 32400 was closed.

I went to the router and tried port forward to TCP 32400, but it always popuped "The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of Remote Management, Port forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type".

I went into all areas to check and none of them use port 32400. What's going on here? Every few weeks I have new issues with Nighthawk. It should rebrand with the new name "Nightmare".

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

After I reboot the router it works. Then a day later it stops again.

UPNP does not always show the correct information(Didn't show 32400 in the list). Even you set Plex to manual (UPNP should be off) but it seems router still picks it up. I turn off UPNP from the router then I am able to set 32400 for port forwarding. After all settings done, then turn the UPNP back on.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

After I reboot the router it works. Then a day later it stops again.

UPNP does not always show the correct information(Didn't show 32400 in the list). Even you set Plex to manual (UPNP should be off) but it seems router still picks it up. I turn off UPNP from the router then I am able to set 32400 for port forwarding. After all settings done, then turn the UPNP back on.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7