R6700v2 blinking internet light

jwhiteker
Follower

R6700v2 blinking internet light

After banging my head against the wall and trying to calm my OCD, it appears that the internet light on this router will blink white when there is a good internet connection. The manual says it should be solid white when an internet connection is present. I wish they would update the documentation and possibly have some stickies on the forum regarding this router. I also wish there were a setting in the user dashboard to change some of these blinking lights to stay solid. The placement of my router has lights blinking in my face and I cannot move it. I'm ready to put electrical tape across the blinking lights.
Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: R6700v2 blinking internet light

Reading the fine documentation R6700v2 User Manual on p.160 ff. does unveil "Disable LED Blinking or Turn Off LEDs" ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > LED Control Settings.

The "Table 2. LED and button descriptions" on p.2 might be considered incomplete, the flashing LED under active traffic situation - a very common behaviour not only for Ethernet ports - is not covered, but explained later.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E