Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v2 unreliable networking

celamantia
Aspirant

R6700v2 unreliable networking

I just replaced a Linksys AC1750 router with a Nighthawk R6700v2 with the V1.1.0.38_1.0.1 firmware.

I have two computers running backups to a network attaced hard drive.  One is connected via a cable and the other is wireless.  They are copying sevearl hundred gigabyte files across the network to a network-attached hard drive.  Both devices will lose their connection at the same time, about an hour and a hald into the transfers, and I have to wait about 30 seconds or so for the network to come back up.  If this was a cheap Belkin router I'd expect that sort of behavior and say I was just driving the CPu too hard, but for a router in this price range I would certainly not expect the wired networking side to drop.  I have restarted these transfers several times and they have never completed.

Is it normal for this router to be incapable of staying up long enough to finish a couple hundred gigabyte transfer over a gigabit wired Ethernet connection? Do I need to just put the Linksys back or should this work?

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
celamantia
Aspirant

Re: R6700v2 unreliable networking

I ended up just sending it back and replacing it with another Linksys which is working fine.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi celamantia,

Was it working prior to updating the firmware?

Try to reset the router to factory default.

Message 2 of 3
celamantia
Aspirant

I ended up just sending it back and replacing it with another Linksys which is working fine.  Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7