R6700v3 Antenna

Howied42
Aspirant

R6700v3 Antenna

When i look at my R6700v3 router, it appears the antenna's are not removable? Before it put to much pressure on trying to remove them i was hopinig to find it out if anyone else knew if they were removable and i'm just not being forceful enough.

Are they pushed on? is there screw or nut some where i don't see?

if they are removable, has one attached a high-gain antenna and seen a benefit from it?

thanks

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R6700v3 Antenna

Is there a reason you are trying to remove the Antenna?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
Hooliator
Aspirant

I have the same question.

And since we seem to be required to justify our questions, I will state for  the record that the reason I want to remove the antenna is because I think it will make an excellent nose picker.

Message 3 of 7
Howied42
Aspirant

So i can extend the antenna without having to move the base so a wifi extender can get a better signal. wiring currently does not allow this with devices connected directly to the router. 

Message 4 of 7
Oregonstitch
Aspirant

I have same issue.  Need to attach antenna using little brass nuts so the antenna on the roof will reach out building.   Works great on cheapie d link.  But business has grown and more people are using so need the power of this router...which I have as it's my old personal one.  But can't connect external antenna.  And...I think I may have broken one by twisting an antenna multiple times.  Did I ruin my router?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 7
OhSQ
Aspirant

I travel in an RV and need to attach an external WiFi antenna. Can I disconnect one of the antenna and connect the WiFi cable?
Message 6 of 7

@OhSQ wrote:
I travel in an RV and need to attach an external WiFi antenna. Can I disconnect one of the antenna and connect the WiFi cable?

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E