Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: (R6700v3) Capped at 200mbps

Speedyx215
Tutor

(R6700v3) Capped at 200mbps

Let’s make this quick. I pay for 600mbps. In router mode, only get 200mbps on latest update. Downgraded firmware to oldest possible on official website, got 400mbps. Tried using router in AP mode, got 600-700mbps. Only downside using ap mode was I couldn’t edit any Wi-Fi settings or revert to router mode without a factory reset. This is very annoying and I don’t wanna have to buy a new router.

Any help is appreciated (not home atm)
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Speedyx215
Tutor

Issue is now FIXED!

Steps used:

1. Updated router to latest version
  2. Factory reset
  3. unplug router or power off using on/off button
  4. unplug modem and ethernet cable
  5. Power on modem while leaving ethernet cable unplugged
  6. wait for modem to FULLY power back on (For me lights had to be solid)
  7. Plug ethernet cable back in (And back into router if unlugged)
  8. Power on router

Previously, I had to "mac spoof" on my router to get connected to the internet(During Netgear genie). After doing this, the issue was gone and now my default gateway is "10.0.0.1" instead of the previous "192.168.1.1". My speed is now what is used to be before I got my own modem (600-700mbps).

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

In AP mode, you should be able to change the wireless settings. 

What gateway is it connected to? 

try installing version 1.0.3.66 of the firmware. Then do a factory reset and reinstall. If you're putting it in AP mode, you should be good. If you're running it in router mode (with gateway in modem only mode or the netgears IP address in the gateways' dmz), then make sure after the reset to leave qos, access control, traffic monitoring, and parental controls all disabled. Don't install from a backup configuration. 

Message 2 of 7
Speedyx215
Tutor

In Ap mode, there are no wireless settings at all. I’m using the CM700 modem, with the r6700v3 as the wireless. Qos and all those settings are off. Using cat 5e and cat 6 cable as well.
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

The CM700 is a modem only device. If the R6700v3 is directly connected to it, then it shouldn't be in AP mode. there needs to be something controlling dhcp/nat 

Message 4 of 7
Speedyx215
Tutor

So don’t use AP mode. Got it. But that gives me full speed? Idk what to do. I’ve seen some reports to use an older firmware update, so I’ll try that when I’m back home. Oh and a reset as well.
Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

let me know how that goes
Message 6 of 7
Speedyx215
Tutor

Issue is now FIXED!

Steps used:

1. Updated router to latest version
  2. Factory reset
  3. unplug router or power off using on/off button
  4. unplug modem and ethernet cable
  5. Power on modem while leaving ethernet cable unplugged
  6. wait for modem to FULLY power back on (For me lights had to be solid)
  7. Plug ethernet cable back in (And back into router if unlugged)
  8. Power on router

Previously, I had to "mac spoof" on my router to get connected to the internet(During Netgear genie). After doing this, the issue was gone and now my default gateway is "10.0.0.1" instead of the previous "192.168.1.1". My speed is now what is used to be before I got my own modem (600-700mbps).

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7