Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6700v3 Firmware Version 1.0.4.92 - Hot Fix

ja2005
Tutor

R6700v3 Firmware Version 1.0.4.92 - Hot Fix

I got the email about the security advisory. I logged into my router and it says that there are no new firmware versions. I have version V1.0.4.84_10.0.58. I logged into my account on Netgear's website, I dowloaded R6700v3 Firmware Version 1.0.4.92 - Hot Fix. But now I don't know what to do with the download, it's a zip file. It says to click on the link provided for instructions on how to do it, but it takes me to my product's page, but nothing comes up when I click downloads or documents. There is absolutely no help. I found a user manual through Amazon but it's not really helpful because it only tells me how to log into the router and check for updates, which I already did. I'm using a Windows 10 laptop. Can anyone please help, I would  really appreciate it! 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ja2005, 

Welcome to the community! You're almost there! May you proceed starting with step 7 of the article I linked below. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Regards,

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ja2005, 

Welcome to the community! You're almost there! May you proceed starting with step 7 of the article I linked below. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
ja2005
Tutor

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your response. I have a stupid question. The file saved as this: R6700v3-V1.0.4.92_10.0.67_Beta and the type is Compressed (zipped) Folder. When I select that after clicking on Browse from your instructions, and click Upload, it says Please assign the correct file. The file format is *.chk  Do you know what I did wrong or do I need to do something to the compressed folder before trying to upload?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
ja2005
Tutor

Hi Christian, 

Please ignore that last question (stupid question), I think I figured it out! Thanks again!

Message 4 of 5
antinode
Guru

> [...] I think I figured it out! [...]

Not much detail there.

>   8. Unzip the file if needed.

Lame instructions.  More helpful might be something like, say:

8. Extract the firmware image (".chk" or ".img") and Release
         Notes (".html") files from the ".zip" archive, if necessary.
         (Some web browsers do this automatically.)

More detailed instructions on how to do that wouldn't hurt, either.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7