Aspirant

R6700v3 Is having issues communicating with my modem

Ever since I moved here I have had internet issues.  I decided to try to get a new router (r6700) and modem (ARRIS Surfboard SB6183) because I didn't think the one Cox provided was very good.  Unfortunately, that didn't fix my issues.  Every day my internet randomly drops out for 5-10 minutes at a time.  I had a technician from Cox come out and he said the wiring in my apartment was bad.  I jumped through hoops and finally got new wiring installed earlier this week. Everything worked great until about 5 PM every day.  My internet would go out for the rest of the night and be back in the morning.  I assumed it was due to COVID19 but this morning it still wasn't working (I couldn't connect to the router at all).   I tried a factory reset and now I can connect to the wifi, but not the internet. I called Netgear and they said the amber light on the internet means the router isn't communicating with the modem (but wouldn't help me troubleshoot unless I paid the same price as a new router would be).  I can confirm this because when my computer is plugged into the modem, the internet works fine.  I am not sure what else to do.

(As an extra bit of information, my router seems to reset continuously when it goes down. I figured that was a software feature, but it  seems weird)

(Also, I usually notice issues when I try to connect to the internet on my Samsung TV.  It seems to crash my entire system, but I think it's a coincidence; still, I thought I should share that because it was really strange.)

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Aspirant

Re: R6700v3 Is having issues communicating with my modem

bump

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements