Highlighted
Aspirant

R6700v3 Losing wireless and wired connectivity every few hours.

Hello all,

I am new here but have been having issues with my router daily.  I have owned this router for about 8 months, but in the last month it has been having severe transmitting issues with the wifi and wired items. Randomly the internet will go out, wifi and computers will become disconnected, which sucks when you are working from home. The strange this is, everything will lose connection, my phone, my front door camera, my security system, but not my entire destop computer which is wired. When this happens I can't load web pages on the wired desktop, but I can continue watching live streams while it says there is no internet. So I assume some kind of internet is getting through. I have had it run for 30 minutes on no internet access on anything (phones, computers, tv) But the live streams continue to play without issue. 

In the past month I have needed to completely forget my entire router and re-setup the system because not even turning it on and off again worked. At that point even a reboot wouldn't help it restore internet connnection.  I checked my modem and it was pushing out good internet, I hooked the wire coming directly from the modem to my laptop and it worked fine, But when I plugged it into the router it just wouldn't output any internet or wifi.  Which is when i decided to just reset the router and start over. I redid the setup on the app and after that it worked fine.

But now even after that reset to factory new I am still getting disconects that never restore internet unless I turn the router off and back on again. Its getting quite annoying when I have to do it twice a day.

I have checked channels to make sure i am getting good signal and not crossing over my neighbors.  When the internet is good it does 100 up and 100 down. My internet provider is Verizon. 

Could this be a faulty router, or do I just have to live with this?

Thank you all for the help in advance, I really wish i could figure out what is wrong since I can't contact support anymore about the issue. And of course the issues started to happen right after it ran out. Please let me know if you need anymore details about the router or internet. 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R6700v3 Losing wireless and wired connectivity every few hours.

Have you tried another firmware that could be an issue with whatever firmware you have loaded on the router?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

I am running the firmware that was installed when it was reset. Currently I am on firmware v1.0.4.98. 

Is there a specific firmware that is known to be stable that I could revert back to? Or should I just pick one from the list on the netgear website?

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to try 1.0.3.66

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thank you for the help with that. I reverted the firmware of the router to 1.0.3.66.  It hasn't had any issues with connection so thats good. But now I am having an issue with severe packet loss through the router itself. I'm not sure if it has to do with the change in firmware, but its averaging 30% packet loss through the router only. I tested the direct line from the modem and there is no packet loss, removed everything from the router and plugged into the ethernet ports and packet loss occured. This happened with multiple computers, so I know its not an internal hardware issue with my PC. Is there known packet loss issues with the 1.0.3.66 firmware?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements