Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v3 - No Internet light

KellyAB
Tutor

R6700v3 - No Internet light

My power flickered this morning, and my router internet light was amber. I couldn’t get the router to work again so I factory reset it, now the internet light does not come on at all (it’s not amber or white, it’s just not lit at all). I have confirmed I have internet as I connected the modem directly to my computer via Ethernet cable. Any suggestions as to what’s going on? Or how I can fix this problem?

Thank you!
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
KellyAB
Tutor

Re: R6700v3 - No Internet light

I factory reset again and changed out Ethernet cables, had an update to firmware and am now able to use the router again. Thank you for your reply and appreciate you assistance!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Modem model?

Firmware on router?

The order that i'd start in and move down the steps?

1. reboot your devices in this order after powering both down. Start modem and give it a couple minutes to boot up. Then plug in the router (with nothing else plugged into router) and give it a couple minutes to fully boot. Then log into it and see if you can get the internet settings working.

2. Reinstall the firmware to the router. A factory reset only erases settings. If something was corrupted in the power flicker or the reset, resetting doesn't fix the corruption. A reinstall of firmware is needed. Reinstall the firmware over a hardwired connection, reset the device again, and retry step 1.

3. Still not working? downgrade the firmware 1 version.

here's your support site.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6700V3.aspx 

Message 2 of 4
KellyAB
Tutor

So I powered off and on as you directed and the amber internet light cane back on, however the WiFi does not work and I can’t access the app without being connected. How do I update the firmware if I cannot connect?
Message 3 of 4
KellyAB
Tutor

I factory reset again and changed out Ethernet cables, had an update to firmware and am now able to use the router again. Thank you for your reply and appreciate you assistance!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7