Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v3 Slow Speeds

TristanX
Guide

R6700v3 Slow Speeds

I am gettin REALLY slow speeds since the last firmware update. Iam currently on firmware V1.0.4.122_10.0.95. Any help would be appreciated.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: R6700v3 Slow Speeds

I'd start with a factory reset and reinstall. Don't use a backup. 

If that doesn't help, then I'd try downgrading the firmware a version. 

Message 2 of 6
alchle
Star

I have the same issue.  R6700v3 V1.0.4.122_10.0.95.  I pay for 750mbps and only get 250mbps download max with this router. I tried reinstall firmware, tried factor reset. Tried removing power to everything and powering everything back up (with time delays) in proper order from modem, router, to computer.  Still no luck.  I know the modem is good because I have another older router that atually gets 750mbps. Also tried disabling QoS (disabled by default), turn off Access Controls (disabled by default), Turn off Traffic Meter (disabled by default). I am at a loss. Very frustrated with this router now. Loved it, now hate it.

Any other ideas out there?

I can go back firmwares until the issues goes away (if it does). Haven't tried that yet. But it is a huge time waste.

What is interesting, is if it is set as an Access Point it actually gets the 750mbps! But when it is in router mode it does not.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6

@alchle wrote:

I know the modem is good because I have another older router that atually gets 750mbps.

What is that modem?

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

@alchle I'd recommend starting your own thread. Both because you're setup might be a little different, it helps netgear to have more awareness of the issues on the .122 firmware, and it keeps your info from getting confused with the OP's. Thanks

Message 5 of 6
alchle
Star

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7