Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6700v3 internet connection Issue - can't set up

aschanick
Aspirant

R6700v3 internet connection Issue - can't set up

I have been using my R6700v3 router with a Netgear CM400 modem with no issues. Today, I switched to the Arris SB8200 and now my router will not connect to the internet (internet LED is blinking amber). I have tried the following: 

- Connected to router wirelessly from my PC (status says "No internet, secured")

- Factory reset router

- Power cycled both modem and router

- Tried to run setup through the Nighthawk app (times out and says it cannot connect to router) as well as routerlogin.net (brings up an error page: "You may not be connected to your Router’s WiFi network....")

- I am using Google Chrome and I have cleared my browser cache

- I have tried directly navigating to the router's IP address, which looks through the command prompt to be 192.168.1.1 (192.168.0.1 takes me to my modem)

IF there are any other details that would be helpful, please let me know.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
aschanick
Aspirant

Thank you for your replies. In the late hours of the night last night, I actually stumbled on the fix myself. I "forgot" the wifi network associated with my router on my PC, then 1) powered down PC, modem, router, 2) plug in modem, wait for full boot, 3) plug in router and wait for it connect, and 4) set up router using nighthawk app, and that fixed the issue somehow. This was after many attempts at power cycling both the modem and router, but it was the first time I had included my PC in the power cycle. I don't know what part of this could have fixed the issue, or if it was something unrelated - just wanted to share what happened in case this might work for someone else having this same issue.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Did you get the modem activated to your ISP provider? 

If you're able to navigate to the modem's connection page while its connected to the router, they (modem/router) are communicating. 

Message 2 of 4
additude
Virtuoso

In the routers "Internet Settings" does the router have a WAN IP address / Gateway and DNS ?

Message 3 of 4
aschanick
Aspirant

Thank you for your replies. In the late hours of the night last night, I actually stumbled on the fix myself. I "forgot" the wifi network associated with my router on my PC, then 1) powered down PC, modem, router, 2) plug in modem, wait for full boot, 3) plug in router and wait for it connect, and 4) set up router using nighthawk app, and that fixed the issue somehow. This was after many attempts at power cycling both the modem and router, but it was the first time I had included my PC in the power cycle. I don't know what part of this could have fixed the issue, or if it was something unrelated - just wanted to share what happened in case this might work for someone else having this same issue.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7