Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6800 is loosing 5GHz

Haured
Tutor

R6800 is loosing 5GHz

Hello, I have a problem with the R6800 router. The 5GHz network stops working after some time, I have already tried factory reset, settings changes, broadcast channel changes. I am on the latest possible firmware, ie V1.2.0.74_1.0.1 and still have the same problem. Just after the reset, the network works on both frequencies, but after some time it disappears even though the LED on the router is on at 5GHz. When you turn on the Smart option, it is the same, after some time it stops using 5GHz. The problem is on each of my devices, so the problem is with the router. Could I please help?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R6800 is loosing 5GHz

A couple things you can try. 

1. Reinstall the firmware over a hardwired connection and factory reset the router afterwards. Then do a clean install (not from backup). This covers issues if the firmware was corrupt of it an old setting was causing the issues. 

If that doesn't help, actually try downgrading the firmware. I'd recommend 1.2.0.62. Then factory reset/clean install again. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

A couple things you can try. 

1. Reinstall the firmware over a hardwired connection and factory reset the router afterwards. Then do a clean install (not from backup). This covers issues if the firmware was corrupt of it an old setting was causing the issues. 

If that doesn't help, actually try downgrading the firmware. I'd recommend 1.2.0.62. Then factory reset/clean install again. 

Message 2 of 5
Haured
Tutor

Thank you @plemans for your help. Finally decided on the software you provided - 1.2.0.62. I guess there were no such problems before the update. I will wait a few more days to close this topic. So far, half a day without a problem, even though I did a downgrade without a factory reset

Message 3 of 5
Haured
Tutor

Ok, works well still so I hope it's done. Even without settings wipe.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear its working well!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements