Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6850 Discord Voice Cutting out Randomly

TeamMM3
Aspirant

R6850 Discord Voice Cutting out Randomly

I just moved and with that move came the purchase of an R6850 router. I've had it hooked up a few days ago and ever since have been having issues with discord. Prior to this router I was using the same service (Spectrum) and was using one of their routers without the issues I'm currently having.

Basically if I'm using discord after a few minutes I'll randomly stop hearing anyone talk however they can hear me no problem. Disconnecting and reconnecting from the server fixes it but is an annoying fix, especially for how often it's happening. Another temporary fix is using Discord web but I don't consider it a long term solution and am just about at the point of returning the router. Curious as to what might be causing this issue. If anyone has any possible fixes I'm open to try them before returning it and trying something else.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R6850 Discord Voice Cutting out Randomly

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What devices are you using with Discord?

Wireless or Wired when using Discord? 

Happens on both Wireless and Wired? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4
TeamMM3
Aspirant

Firmware Version: V1.1.0.88_1.0.1

Modem: Hitron Technologies EN2251

I'm using my PC which is wireless at the moment using the 5G. The channel on 5G is 153 and on 2G (which I have no tried) is set to Auto. I'm not picking up an other Wifi from any neighbors. Will first try switching the channel to Auto and if that doesn't work will try going wired and see if the results remain the same. 

Message 3 of 4
TeamMM3
Aspirant

Switching it to auto did not seem to help but being hardwired in did. I still am curious as to why it does this if I'm wireless but am pleased that the issue is somewhat resolved.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7