Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6900 V1.0.1.14_1.0.14 0 USB drive not recognized

starless
Aspirant

R6900 V1.0.1.14_1.0.14 0 USB drive not recognized

I have a USB 3.0 drive plugged into the port on this router, which before the update was working fine with the built in DLNA server and as a shared drive on the network. Since I installed the beta firmware (due to the well publicized vuln), the drive is no longer recognized. The status page says: "Drive is not recognized" and neither the shared drive nor the media server appear on the network for any of my devices.

The drive works fine when plugged into my computer. I've power cycled the router.

Could this be a bug in the firmware?

Bob

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
starless
Aspirant

So... I returned the R6900 thinking that it was defective. Bought an R7000 instead for a number of reasons. Long story short, the problem persisted with not being able to visit the admin page. Readyshare also wouldn't work. However, I connected a laptop up (wired) and was able to reach the admin page.

I then went through a whole host of troubleshooting on my original PC that I wanted to use to configure the router, since that was the problem. I deleted temp files in the browser, tried other browsers, reset the network connection, turned off firewall and antivirus, reset winsock, and a few other things I can't remember. Nothing allowed me to bring up the admin page on the server on the router. Many hours later, inspiration struck, and I changed the LAN address on the router to 192.168.3.1 - and that did the trick (and readyshare works now too). What a PAIN. Anyway, I hope this saves someone else's afternoon. I still don't know what the problem is with the PC I'm using for admin tasks, and that bothers me, but at least there is a work around.

Also, the disk that I had been using with the old R6900 (Sandisk 256G) does not work with the R7000 either... It used to work on the R6900 before the firmware upgrade. I tried reformatting with NTFS, and then back to exFAT, but neither worked. So something broke there between the previous and current firmware versions. OBTW, using V1.0.7.6_1.1.99 on the R7000.

Bob

View solution in original post

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 7

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi starless,

Reset the router to factory default and reconfigure. Check again if still the same.

Message 2 of 7
starless
Aspirant

Hi JamesGL,

I did so, and now I can't reach the admin page (or internet for that matter) either by wired or wireless. Not a good thing. All diagnostic LEDs are normal, and the routers IP shows when I run ipconfig (as default gateway).

The beta firmware update was done over a wired connection BTW.

Bob

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 7
starless
Aspirant

So... I returned the R6900 thinking that it was defective. Bought an R7000 instead for a number of reasons. Long story short, the problem persisted with not being able to visit the admin page. Readyshare also wouldn't work. However, I connected a laptop up (wired) and was able to reach the admin page.

I then went through a whole host of troubleshooting on my original PC that I wanted to use to configure the router, since that was the problem. I deleted temp files in the browser, tried other browsers, reset the network connection, turned off firewall and antivirus, reset winsock, and a few other things I can't remember. Nothing allowed me to bring up the admin page on the server on the router. Many hours later, inspiration struck, and I changed the LAN address on the router to 192.168.3.1 - and that did the trick (and readyshare works now too). What a PAIN. Anyway, I hope this saves someone else's afternoon. I still don't know what the problem is with the PC I'm using for admin tasks, and that bothers me, but at least there is a work around.

Also, the disk that I had been using with the old R6900 (Sandisk 256G) does not work with the R7000 either... It used to work on the R6900 before the firmware upgrade. I tried reformatting with NTFS, and then back to exFAT, but neither worked. So something broke there between the previous and current firmware versions. OBTW, using V1.0.7.6_1.1.99 on the R7000.

Bob

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 7
starless
Aspirant

Incidentally - you may want to make this a sticky, since people trying to solve the admin page problem may not find it...

Bob

Message 5 of 7
gresch
Aspirant

Bob,

Could you please explain why you chose to change the address of the router (i.e. inserting the "3") I'm having a similar problem, but I'm not techie enough to grasp your fix.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
starless
Aspirant

Gresch - I changed it because I couldn't figure out why 192.168.0.1 was a problem on my main computer, but not on others. I figured that there was something going on that I did not understand, and changing the LAN address might be an easy fix. I still don't understand why this worked.

As long as you have DHCP enabled (the default), and don't have anything on your network that is using fixed IP addresses (also default), the above fix is something you can try. Good luck, I hope you get your problem sorted.

Bob

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router,R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7