Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6900p constantly having to restart

Beam467
Aspirant

R6900p constantly having to restart

Router streams 5 tvs at once with zero issues but ipads and laptop continue to have issues saying not internet even when connected. Reset the router daily to correct the problem. Just started about 2 months ago. Sign of dying router?
Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

What modem is it connected to? 

What firmware is on it? 

Roughly a month ago a firmware update was pushed out and had a ton of fixes in it. Maybe it was enough to cause an old setting to cause problems. Have you tried a factory reset and clean install (not from backup)?

Message 2 of 8
Beam467
Aspirant

Just did a factory restore and updated to V1.3.1.64_10.1.36. Still same problems. TVs work great but youtube is a no go on anything here. Modem is nighthawk M1 . Test speeds are extremely fast.
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

The M1 has its own integrated router. And I've see posts that with issues on passthrough working properly. 

Do you have the R6900P in access point mode? 

Message 4 of 8
Beam467
Aspirant

I hv the M1 in modem mode. Not sure what Access point. I have been using the same set up for nearly two years now with no issues. Netflix, streaming tv, internet all work. Just seems like it effects youtube and youtube kids on phones and ipads
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Message 6 of 8
Beam467
Aspirant

So I see what u are saying, however I have nothing else running on the M1. It is wired in straight to the 6900 and does not even show up as a "wifi" option to sign onto because I have it set to the modem only option. An I missing something?
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Have you tried it with the M1 in router mode and the r6900P in access point mode?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7