Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6900v2 unable to connect

TNLBZ
Aspirant

R6900v2 unable to connect

It's been a while since I've had connection issues. But over the last 36 hours I've been thrown for a loop. I know the unit is a little outdated but its been faithful and survived a move. But it's no longer able to connect to my network(s) wirelessly.

Power: solid white
Internet: solid white
2.4g: blinking white
5g: blinking white
Guest/3.0/1-4: all off
WiFi on/off: solid white
WPS: off

Have ruled out issues with ISP, i can connect directly off the modem and router both to my desktop and everything works as intended, however the wireless side is inoperable, and by that i mean, i can see the networks, both 2.4 and 5g, i can enter in my password and attempt connection to no avail. Cannot gain access to routerlogin or IP in the address bar because I'm not 'on the network' and the only clue i have is my note20 gives me a 'couldn't get ip address' failure message. No devices, whether it be an amazon smart devices, androidOS, iOS devices or a smart tv can connect but all of them see the network(s)
Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: R6900v2 unable to connect

> Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router

Connected to what?  Is this router (now) connected to some other
router?

> [...] it's no longer able to connect to my network(s) wirelessly.

I don't know what that means.  "it"?  What, exactly, is not
connecting to what, exactly?

> [...] i can enter in my password and attempt connection to no avail.
> [...]

"no avail" is not a useful description of anything.  A vague
description of what does _not_ happen is less useful than a clear
description of what _does_ happen.

Does a wireless device connect to the router, and get a good set of
IP parameters (address, subnet mask, gateway address, ...)?

> [...] Cannot gain access to routerlogin or IP in the address bar
> because I'm not 'on the network' [...]

"no longer able" or "Cannot" is not a useful problem description.  It
does not say what you did.  It does not say what happened when you did
it.  As usual, showing actual actions (commands) with their actual
results (error messages, LED indicators, ...) can be more helpful than
vague descriptions or interpretations.

Quotation marks generally mean that you're quoting something, not
that you're providing your own interpretation of what you think it all
means.

If the actual error message was something like "You may not be
connected to your Router's WiFi network", then:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1976674

But if more than one router is involved, then you might need to
straighten out that situation before you can make much progress.

Message 2 of 3
TNLBZ
Aspirant

Re: R6900v2 unable to connect

The modem is plugged into a power outlet as it should be. The coaxial cable, and yellow ethernet are as they should be. All the lights(power, up, down, internet) are on and solid green as they should be. The router, which is also plugged into the same outlet as the modem, with the yellow ethernet plugged in and snug. All the lights are what i have seen in the past to be consistent with it working like it was prior to any noticeables issues with my wireless(e.g. power, internet connection, 2.4g, 5g, wifi on). Solid white or blinking white with traffic on the connection. The Cable orientation, or equipment location have not changed since it last worked or the last 2 years for that matter, other than ability to connect to the network wirelessly.

No wireless devices can connect to the internet through my router, the network is there to see that it is available, both 2.4 and 5g networks, but nothing(smart TV, iphone/android devices, firestick or other amazon devices ), can connect to the network, and none of the aforementioned devices give error messages except my personal smart phone. My phone tells me after roughly 30 seconds of attempted connection that it has failed to get an IP address.

I can forget the network and enter in the wps password again to access the wireless network, however the device(s) attempting to connect immediately fail, no error messages, no change in the LED indicators on either the modem or router.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7