Re: R700 How do you set up Nighthawk AC1900 to work as repeater with BT Homehub5

BWS14
Aspirant

R700 How do you set up Nighthawk AC1900 to work as repeater with BT Homehub5

I would like to set up Nighthawk AC1900 to work as repeater with BTHome Hub5 to help improve wifi coverage. I live in an old property with solid brick 9 inch walls. BTHomeHub 5 situated at front of house were BT cable comes into property. Majority of wifi equipement spread though house but mainly at rear of property, were signal is very weak. Unable to use line repeaters as house has three differant electrical circuits.

Can I connect Nighhawk to BT HomeHub via cat5 cable, then set nighthawk up as repeater at rear of house to give greater and improved wifi coverage? Will I be able to to walk between wifi signals with it dropping off when transfering from home hub to nighhawk?

Any advice or assistance with this would be much apprieciated, I know very little about setting up routers etc.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R700 How do you set up Nighthawk AC1900 to work as repeater with BT Homehub5

Connect R7000 using AP mode to BT HomeHub via cat5 cable. Use different non-overlapping channels and same security, some devices like IOS may have to lose signal before switching, for the rest select connect to a more preferred network if available in Win setup.

Message 2 of 4
BWS14
Aspirant

Thank you for the advice.

What do you mean by non overlapping channels?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

See here.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E