Re: R7000 1.0.6 - They should call this the Nightmare WiFi Router, are firmware updates always this

JamesGL
Master

Re: R7000 1.0.6 - They should call this the Nightmare WiFi Router, are firmware updates always this

Hi Killhippie,

Please check your inbox.

Message 26 of 29
renzo
Aspirant

Yeah.  I have 3 R 7000 routers.  none get the time and date correct.  I have spent hours debugging their software.  I am runing 1.0.6.28-1.1.83.  radios stay on for the most part now. 

night mare is a good thought.

I would not recommend this router.  I am going to have to buy an Asus AC router to see if things are better on that side of the street.  R 7000 Performance (speed) beats uverse or comcast routers.

Message 27 of 29
BOZGBOZG
Star

@renzo

That firmware  was pulled months ago because it's so buggy. Try using V1.0.5.70_1.1.91 (lower number buy newer firmware) if you don't need Arlo support. If you do, try using one of the newer betas.

Message 28 of 29
JamesGL
Master

Hi renzo,

BOZGBOZG is correct. The firmware v1.0.6.28 was removed from support site due to some issues with wireless and Arlo support. Check the support site for latest official firmware.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30766

Message 29 of 29
Discussion stats
Announcements